- Bring and wear your sunscreen during the Festival-avoid sunburn.
- Bring and wear appropriate footwear-avoid cut feet and twisted ankles.
- There are three medical facilities on the grounds of the Festival (see site map).
- The medical booth in the concert area handles minor situations such as headaches, quick Band-Aids, heartburn, sunburn, bug bites, and so on. It is also the triage area for more serious injuries such as sprains & strains, cuts and bruises.
- More serious injuries are sent back to a larger medical tent in the service area on the concert grounds.
- The two medical facilities in the concert area are open from 10 a.m. to midnight, when the concert side of the Festival is in operation.
- The medical tent in the campgrounds is open 24 hours a day from Thursday at 10 a.m. (when the campground officially opens) until 9 a.m. Monday. It is located along the main road near Camping Headquarters.
- All Festival medical facilities are staffed by highly trained physicians and nurses, some of whom are certified emergency room physicians. Medical personnel are qualified to manage a myriad of situations, both minor and major, and help is provided on site. Complicated or major problems will be sent to facilities off site, as will cases deemed less serious but worthy of further diagnosis or treatment.
- If you are coming to the Festival for the weekend, and you are using a prescribed medication, remember to bring enough for the entire time you will be away from home. If you know you are allergic or prone to anaphylactic reactions to things that may be on a farm (for example, hay or bee stings or other bug bites), we recommend that you bring your own EPI pen and carry it with you while walking around. If you wear medic-alert bracelets or necklaces, be sure to wear them at Festival; do not leave them home. Medical personnel can arrange for refrigeration of medication if necessary. If you are bringing medication that requires refrigeration, please stop at one of the medical areas when you arrive at the Festival. Be sure your medication has your name clearly written on it. It is also useful to bring to Festival the name and telephone number of your physician, as well as the name and telephone number of someone to contact who is not at the Festival.
- All volunteers are required to file a Medical Card with physicians and contact information.
IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION FOR RV CAMPERS AND GENERATOR USE, AUGUST 2018
Thank you for camping with us! We look forward to having you stay with us and want to make sure you have a safe and memorable time. Please review the following rules and regulations to ensure that you and other Philadelphia Folk Festival campground guests are as comfortable as possible while in the campground.
To enhance the Vehicular Camping experience and to limit the potential health hazards from generator exhaust, we will be instituting the following changes:
All Generators (RV and portable units) must have an approved “exhaust flow pipe” attached to their generator exhaust to vent the fumes upward and away from campers.
Why this additional Safety Regulation being added: Please be aware that carbon monoxide is dangerous and can be harmful and potentially fatal to you and other campers. Vehicle and generator exhaust MUST be expelled safely, upward, away and not into adjacent campsites or other campers in order to lessen the dangers of carbon monoxide. In addition to the health concerns, we want to be sure that you and your Vehicular Camping neighbors can enjoy the festival and your time in the campground and not be concerned with exhaust odors. This is why ALL vehicles with generators must have an approved “exhaust flow pipe” attached to their generator exhaust.
This will apply to motor homes and units with very low decibel generators and also any portable generators. There will be no exceptions! If your generator is not ventilated properly, you will not be permitted to use it.
General rules for generator use:
- All Generators must have an approved “exhaust flow pipe” attached to their generator exhaust.
- Generators are permitted in vehicular camping only. No generators permitted in Tent Camping.
- Generators may only be operated from 9AM to 9PM. For safety reasons, generators will not be permitted to run through the night.
- Generators are permitted in Vehicular Camping only. No Generators permitted in Tent Camping.
- Please bring the smallest and quietest generator possible that will meet your actual needs. Larger generators are more difficult to transport, use more fuel and create more pollution. Guests are encouraged to utilize a whisper quiet style generator. If your generator is creating a disturbance to neighboring guests, you will be asked to turn it off even if during permitted hours
- Please cover your generator with a sound shield or baffle to minimize the potential noise disturbance (imagine if everyone in the campground had a generator and turned it on at the same time!)
- Portable generators must be placed in such a way that they do not infringe on the space nor present any safety hazard to neighboring campers.
- All fuel MUST be stored in limited quantities in approved containers. Fuel MUST be stored away from any potential source of combustion (heat sources, vehicles or generators in service or fires or grills of any sort)
- Please adhere to all Manufacturer guidelines to ensure proper usage and safety.
General rules for RV campers
- RV/Camping sticker must be affixed to vehicle at all times
- Philadelphia Folk Festival provides camping area only. There are no water or electric hook-ups or dump stations. Wastewater removal will be available for an additional fee
- All camping vehicles must be leveled and have their wheels chocked to prevent movement
- Tents are not permitted in the heavy or vehicle camping area.
- Tow vehicles are not permitted to remain in the camping area and must be moved to a parking lot.
- All Vehicles in Heavy Camping must have a Fire extinguisher.
- CO or Carbon Monoxide Detectors are recommended for your safety.
- NO CAMPFIRES in Vehicular Camping. For Safety reasons, Campfires in Vehicular Camping are not allowed.