The Philadelphia Folksong Society prides itself on keeping the folkie tradition of house concerts alive and thriving. Folk music is roots music. And, house concerts allow for the roots of musicians and the Folksong Society to be spread throughout our community and beyond. We need dedicated members, folkies, and fans to host touring/local musicians as part of our Member House Concert Series!
Are you interested in hosting a house concert? We’d love to hear from you!
What you need:
- A home to host your fellow folkies and community members
- An open space for performance set up
- Seating options (if limited on seats, PFS office has some so just let us know)
- Food and drinks (we emphasize potluck before music but it’s nice for hosts to have some drinks and food out to start)
- Are you able to house the artists over night? (this isn’t necessary but it’s a nice bonus – please be mindful of your pets)