CANCELLED: Due to necessary social
CANCELLED: Due to necessary social measures surrounding COVID-19, PFS has cancelled Spring Thing 2020. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
If you purchased Spring Thing tickets you should have received an email with your options regarding the tickets. If you should have received an email and did not, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Philadelphia Folksong Society for a getaway weekend in the Poconos at Camp Canadensis, filled with workshops, song circles, sings, and jams in a beautiful lake-side setting! Reconnect with music and nature in a welcoming and creative community.
CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS
At Spring Thing, folkies of all ages take over a sprawling summer camp as a pop-up community of musicians and music-lovers, a magical “Folk Brigadoon” weekend in the woods.
Attendee-led music and craft workshops, song shares, and sings fill the days, as well as all your favorite Summer Camp activities: swimming, boating, and kayaking in the lake; perfecting your waterslide form in the pool; basketball and other sporting facilities; and miles of wooded trails with plenty of serenity for nature lovers.
Evenings, enjoy dinner in the spacious dining hall or deck overlooking the lake, followed by endless musical and leisure opportunity: perform or take in the open mic or kid’s open stage; set up an impromptu songwriting session with new friends; take in a movie at the camp theater; or wander the grounds following the sounds of cabin jams.
For night owls, head to the campfire for s’mores and jamming all night long—a Spring Thing tradition that keeps the Fest vibes going all year long.
Bring your instruments, your friends & family, and your favorite tunes: Spring Thing’s a-coming!
For more information, photo evidence, and a sample schedule, visit pfs.org.
Step 1: Register here! You will be asked to provide information on EACH ATTENDEE, including dietary restrictions, bunking preferences, and preferred activities.
Step 2: If you indicated you would like to run a workshop or activity at Spring Thing, you will receive a follow up email confirming your workshop idea and requesting scheduling preferences. To be included in the preliminary schedule, all information must be received before May 1.
Step 3: Preliminary workshop schedules (subject to change) will be distributed with workshift sign ups in early May. Please check your email so that you don’t miss important information!
Step 4: You will receive additional information, including updated schedules, confirmed work shifts, and cabin assignments the week before the event so you can plan for your exciting weekend away!
Helpful Information to Note
– Spring Thing registration includes Friday 2pm – Sunday 10pm with meals (Friday is a potluck dinner!). There are optional add-ons to stay over Sunday night ($20/$25 with breakfast).
– Spring Thing is a great getaway for families and friends alike! There is plenty to do at Camp Canadensis for everyone; you don’t have to play an instrument to have a great time and all are welcome.
– All attendees sign up to either run a workshop or activity, or pitch in on a work shift. It’s part of the fun of Spring Thing!
– There are discounts available for groups of 10 or more! Contact Molly at email@example.com or 215-247-1300 for more information.
– Spring Thing uses tiered ticketing, with a limited number of tickets at each price level. Register early for the best price!
22 (Friday) 2:00 pm - 25 (Monday) 12:00 pm EST